We offer a variety of courses which are detailed on this site. However, if you wish to have a bespoke course to meet your specific needs or for more details on the courses listed please do not hesitate to contact us.
For more information on our Security Courses please call 0800 772 3099 or email us via our contact page
Negotiator (hostage) training (Initial and Refresher)
We offer a three day initial and two day refresher hostage/crisis negotiator training. Both courses cover the roles of the negotiator team and negotiation strategy and tactics. The initial course involves four scenarios, the refresher two scenarios to test the competencies required to be an effective negotiator. Due to the nature of this training it is a pass or fail course. Feedback is given to the delegates at the end of each exercise to allow them to reflect and build upon the constructive feedback given by the course tutor.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the strategy and tactics used during a negotiation incident.
- Demonstrate competence in the application of negotiation tactics.
- Describe the roles of the members of the negotiating team, and demonstrate competence in team skill.
- Work effectively as a Lead, Support or Communication negotiator.
- Negotiate in various situations such as: Hostage, barricades, riots or self-harm.
- Understand various types of perpetrators profiles and how to negotiate with them effectively.
- Operate at the scene effectively and safely.
- Implement effect situational awareness.
- Understand the ‘Do’s and ‘Do not’s’ of a negotiator.
- Understand the crucial points of negotiation.
- Communicate effectively with the Silver Commander.
- Implement a successful resolution.
For more information on our Security Courses please call 0800 772 3099 or email us via our contact page.