We offer a variety of courses which are detailed on this site. However, if you wish to have a bespoke course designed to meet your specific needs, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
For more information on our training courses please contact us on 0800 772 3099 or email us from our contact page.
Personal Safety / Breakaway / Self Defence Training
Our half or one day Personal Safety/Breakaway/Self Defence/Lone Worker training is designed to give your staff the knowledge and confidence to protect themselves when faced with a potentially violent situation. We ensure delegates understand that physical intervention is always a last resort and that they use the minimum force possible to deal with the situation. We reassure delegates that size and strength isn’t important but that the techniques taught are. All techniques are effective and risk assessed ensuring you meet your legal responsibilities as an employer. The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 states:
(2)Without prejudice to the generality of an employer’s duty under the preceding subsection, the matters to which that duty extends include in particular—
(c)the provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of his employees;
The techniques taught are all approved.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand that the use of Personal Safety/Breakaway/Self Defence techniques are a last resort which should not be used lightly.
- The importance of de-escalation.
- Understand the legislation which allows the use of force against another person.
- State and understand what is reasonable force.
- Carry out defensive stances.
- Escape from: hair grabs, strangle holds, bear hug holds, clothes grabs, choke holds from the front and back, grip releases.
- Protect themselves from punches and kicks.
- Protection techniques against weapons.
- Understand the importance of ‘Use of force’ paperwork and accurate record keeping.
For more information on our Security Courses please call 0800 772 3099 or email us via our contact page.